International Paralympians Association (IPA)
The International Paralympians Association working group (IPA WG) was created by the IPC Athletes’ Council in April 2012. The working group currently includes five former members of the IPC Athletes’ Council:
• Robert Balk
• Tanja Kari
• Dr. Ashraf Marie
• Martin Nemec
• Rutger Sturkenboom
The International Paralympians Association would like to create a cultural and social exchange platform with the objective of engaging Paralympians beyond their competitive careers in the Paralympic Movement.
The objectives of the Association are:
• To encourage contact between Paralympic Alumni in support of the Paralympic Movement.
• To educate Paralympic Alumni to become good ambassadors for the Paralympic Movement.
• To motivate Paralympic Alumni toward active leadership in their respective local communities and countries of residence.
• To support the participation of Paralympic Alumni in activities where they can serve as role models who embody the Paralympic ideals.
• To serve as “pool of expertise,” mentors and resource for the IPC.
If you would like to be kept updated on the development and activities of the IPA working group, please contact:
International Paralympian Association
c/o International Paralympic Committee
Phone: +49 228 2097200
Fax: +49 228 2097209
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter