2014 Marathon World Cup
The Mall and Buckingham Palace provides a spectacular backdrop for the finish of the London Marathon.
IPC Athletics and the Virgin Money London Marathon will hold the IPC Athletics Marathon World Cup on 13 April as part of the 2014 Virgin Money London Marathon.
In addition to the annual wheelchair race featuring T53-T54 athletes, this new event will also feature IPC Athletics classes T42-46 (leg and arm amputees) and T11-T13 (visually impaired) for both men and women and in 2014 we are pleased to announce that we will incorporate a T51-T52 event into the Marathon World Cup.
• Event qualification will be based on the IPC Athletics ranking list for the Marathon.
• Event invitations will be based on the top 10-15 athletes ranked in the World in each event and will be for the indivudal athlete and not the NPC. Invitations will only be given to a maximum of three athletes from each NPC per event.
• Events will be eligible only for World Cup Status where a minimum of five athletes from three different NPCs
Athlete & guides
• The athlete must hold an IPC Athletics licence for the 2013 and 2014 seasons.
• The guide must hold an IPC Athletics licence.
• The athlete must have achieved the qualification standard at an IPC Athletics recognised competition (IPC Competition, IPC Sanctioned or IPC Athletics approved competitions) during the qualification period.
• The athlete must be internationally classified with a ‘confirmed’ (C) sports class status before the 1 January 2014.
• An additional guide runner request must be submitted along with invitation acceptance from.
Additional athletes and officials
• NPC may be allowed to enter additional athletes. An application will need to be submitted to IPC Athletics by the NPC for approval before 29 November 2014.
• Any additional athlete expense will be at the full cost of the NPC (flights, transport, accommodation and food)
• Any additional athlete above the max of three (3) athletes per NPC will not be eligible to compete in the World Cup, however may be will be eligible to compete in the marathon.
• Invitations sent to NPC - 31 October 2013.
• Confirmation of invitation - 29 November 2013.
• Confirmation for returned - 10 January 2014.
• NPC Officials must pay the full costs. Maximum of two officials will be allowed.
• NPC Official details must be submitted along with event invitation acceptance form.
Transport & accommodation
London Marathon will be responsible for all transportation to and from Heathrow. They will also provide accommodation which will include breakfast and a per diem for food. London Marathon will cover cost of accommodation and food (per diem) for a maximum of two guide runners per athlete in T11/12 class.
Athletes may be asked to travel a day early for media purposes. This will be at no extra cost to the NPC and London Marathon will be responsible for the costs of accommodation and the per diem for this extra day.
1 January 2013 – 1 January 2014.
Prize Structure (US Dollars)
Will be awarded to the first three (3) athletes in each category that meets the minimum eligible criteria.
Final entries into each event will be upon the discretion of IPC Athletics and Virgin Money London Marathon
Athletes (not including those in the T53-54 class) must wear their NPC Team Uniform
For further information contact Ryan Montgomery IPC Athletics Sport Manager firstname.lastname@example.org or Michelle Weltman Elite Para-Athletics Co-ordinator, Virgin Money London Marathon email@example.com
|Event||Class||Qualifying Male||Qualifying Female|
|A||T11-T12||2h 50min||3h 00min|
|B||T13||2h 50min||3h 00min|
|C||T42 & T44||2h 50min||3h 00min|
|D||T43||2h 50min||3h 00min|
|E||T45 & T46||2h 50min||3h 00min|
|F||T51 & T52||2h 10min||2h 20min|