2017 IPC General Assembly - Media accreditation
The IPC Conference will take place from 5-6 September and the 18th IPC General Assembly will be held from 7-8 September. The 2017 Paralympic Sport and Media Awards, supported by Allianz, will be staged on the evening of 7 September. All events will take place at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (ADNEC).
During the General Assembly on Friday 8 September, elections for the IPC Governing Board will take place. A new IPC President, Vice President and 10 Members at Large will be elected. Candidates for the IPC Governing Board were announced on Monday 19 June.
The majority of sessions at the IPC General Assembly and Conference will be open and available for the media to follow in a dedicated media room.
Media highlights will include: (All times approximate and subject to change)
Wednesday 6 September
All candidates standing for election to the IPC Governing Board will have the opportunity to present their case to the IPC membership.
09:00-12:30 - Candidates standing for election as Member at Large will each have seven minutes to present.
14:00-16:00 - Candidates standing for election as Vice President and President will each have 15 minutes to present.
Thursday 7 September
• The 2017 Paralympic Sport and Media Awards, supported by Allianz, recognising achievements from Rio 2016.
• Presentation of the BP Courage Award and Paralympic Order
• B-roll footage of the awards will be available free of charge for the media to use by 23:00
Friday 8 September
IPC Governing Board elections
• 09:30-10:30 Election of new IPC President
• 11:00-12:30 Election of IPC Vice President
• 14:00-16:00 Election of IPC Members at Large
• 16:30 Press conference of new IPC President and IPC Vice President
All attending media are responsible for arranging their own personal transport and accommodation for this event, as well as their own personal travel and accident insurance coverage.
The deadline for media accreditation is 18 August 2017.
For further information on media accreditation, please contact IPC Media Operations Co-ordinator Sandra Lazarovski at email@example.com