• Finland have won 182 medals at the Paralympic Winter Games, including 76 gold medals. Only four NPCs have won more gold and more totals medals.
• Finland need one more gold medal to reach 150 gold medals at the Paralympic Winter Games (76) and Paralympic Games (73) combined.
• They have won 161 medals (64 gold, 45 silver and 52 bronze) in cross-country skiing, 88.5 per cent of their total of 182 medals. They also won nine gold medals in ice sledge speed racing (which is no longer a Paralympic sport) and three gold in biathlon.
• These 161 medals are the most for any NPC in cross-country skiing at the Paralympic Winter Games.
• Only Norway (77) have won more gold medals in cross-country skiing than Finland's 64.
• Finland won their last gold medal at the Paralympic Winter Games in 2002 when Tanja Kari won three gold medals and Jaana Argillander won one; both in cross-country skiing.
• Finland's most recent medals came in 2010, when Maija Jarvela took silver in the women’s 3km biathlon pursuit standing and Ilkka Tuomisto finished third in the men’s 1km cross-country skiing sprint classic style standing.
• Jouko Grip has won 10 gold medals and 15 in total in cross-country skiing and biathlon , the most out of all Finnish athletes at the Paralympic Winter Games.
• Grip was inducted into the Visa Paralympic Hall of Fame in 2006 for his achievements.
• Finland's men have won 43 gold medals, 10 more than women, but the men have not won gold since 1998. Finland's women have won four gold medals since 1998.
• You can follow the Finnish Paralympic team on Facebook and @FinnParalympic on Twitter
Katja SAARINEN, Twitter: @SaarinenFIN
Matti SUUR-HAMARI, Twitter: @MattiSuurHamari, Facebook
Lasse KANKKUNEN, Twitter: @Late_K
Sini PYY, Twitter: @Sipressi
Ilkka TUOMISTO, Twitter: @IlkkaTuomisto, Facebook
Markku KARJALAINEN, Twitter: @tulikoni
Sari KARJALAINEN, Twitter: @irwin_sari