Greece: Eight facts on the Sochi 2014 Paralympics26.01.2014
Greece has participated at the Winter Paralympics since 2002
• Greece made their Paralympic Winter debut in the Salt Lake City Games in 2002 and has also participated in the 2006 and 2010 Paralympics.
• At the Vancouver 2010 Paralympic Winter Games Ioannis Papavasileiou finished 40th in both the men's giant slalom and slalom standing events.
• Alpine skier Paraskevi Christodouloupoulou recorded Greece's best result at Vancouver 2010, finishing in 16th place in the women's giant slalom standing.
• Greece have yet to win a medal at the Paralympic Winter Games.
• In the summer edition, Greece collected a total of 80 medals (14 gold, 33 silver and 33 bronze).
• Greece won 12 of those medals (one gold, three silver, eight bronze) in London in 2012.
• Greece won the most medals at Beijing 2008 (24). The 24 medals won in 2008 trumped the total of 20 pocketed in their home Games in 2004.
• You can follow Greece on Twitter @ParalympicGRE and Facebook