- Italy have won 61 medals at the Paralympic Winter Games (12 golds, 20 silvers and 29 bronze).
- Bruno Oberhammer is Italy's most successful athlete at the Winter Games with three golds and 12 total medals, all in alpine skiing.
- Silvia Parente won four medals on home soil in 2006, the most for an Italian athlete at a single Games.
- Gianmaria Dal Maistro won three medals in 2010 in alpine skiing (one silver and one bronze).
- Francesca Porcellato won Italy's only gold medal at Vancouver 2010, in the women’s cross-country skiing 1km sprint sitting event.
- Italy’s ice sledge hockey team made their Paralympic debut when they hosted the Torino 2006 Games.
- Italy are still seeking their first Paralympic medal in ice sledge hockey.
- Italy have won a medal in alpine skiing at all Games since 1980.
- Roberto Marson has won a record 16 gold medals and 26 total medals for Italy in athletics, swimming and wheelchair fencing.
- Irene Monaco (athletics, swimming, wheelchair fencing, archery, table tennis) and Australia's Daphne Ceeney are the only Paralympians to have won a medal in five different sports.
- You can follow Italian Paralympic team on Facebook
Melania CORRADINI, Twitter: @mellyCorradini, Facebook
Nicolo Maria ORSINI, Twitter: @NicolOrsini_
Giuseppe COMUNALE, Twitter: @iastimo
Veronica Yoko PLEBANI
Ice sledge hockey
Gregory LEPERDI, Facebook
Andrea MACRI', Twitter: @andremaki91
Florian PLANKER, Facebook
Santino STILLITANO, Facebook
Werner WINKLER, Facebook