- Switzerland's next gold medal will be their 50th at the Paralympic Winter Games. They have won 152 medals in total (49 golds, 55 silvers and 48 bronze).
- Switzerland have won 104 of their 152 medals in alpine skiing, including 41 gold medals. The other medals have been won in cross-country skiing and biathlon.
- Switzerland won 10 gold medals at both the 1976 and 1998 Games.
- Alpine skiers Rolf Heinzmann and Hans Burn have won most total medals at 14. Heinzmann's 12 golds are also the most for any Swiss athlete.
- Heinzmann's 12 gold medals in men's alpine skiing are only topped by Germany's Gerd Schoenfelder's 16 golds.
- In 2010, Christoph Kunz won Switzerland's only gold medal, in the men’s alpine skiing downhill sitting event. He also won silver in the men’s giant slalom sitting event at Vancouver 2010.
- Switzerland have 277 medals at the Summer Games, including 84 golds.
- Switzerland’s most successful sport is athletics (183 medals), followed by alpine skiing (104).
Michael BRUEGGER, Facebook
Maurizio NICOLI, Twitter: @NicoliMaurizio
Jochi ROETHLISBERGER, Facebook
Luana BERGAMIN (guide)