Uzbekistan: Five facts on the Sochi 2014 Paralympics08.02.2014
With a small team, Uzbekistan will compete at its first Paralympic Winter Games in Sochi after 20 years at the Winter Olympics.
- Related Features
- Slovenia: Eight facts on the Sochi 2014 Paralympics
- Serbia: 12 facts on the Sochi 2014 Paralympics
- Related Documents
- Uzbekistan - Paralympics Facts & Figures
• Uzbekistan will make its Paralympic Winter Games debut in Sochi.
• At the Paralympic Summer Games, Uzbekistan has won one medal: a silver medal by judoka Sharif Khalilov at London 2012.
• At the Olympic Winter Games, Uzbekistan's only medal was courtesy of freestyle skier Lina Cheryazova, who won gold in the women's aerials in 1994.
• Cheryazova's medal is one of only two Olympic Winter Games gold medals won by the five NOCs in Central Asia that were once part of the Soviet Union. The other was won by Kazakhstan in cross-country skiing, also at the 1994 Lillehammer Games.
• The official Twitter account for the Uzbek team is @YuldashevaNavru.