Berck-Sur-Mer 2018: Mariana Shevchuk named Best Powerlifter12.06.2018
Ukrainian broke world record at European Open Championships
Mariana Shevchuk has been chosen as “Best European Powerlifter” after her world record-breaking performance at the European Open Championships in Berck-sur-Mer, France.
The Ukrainian lifted 130.5kg in the women’s up to 55kg to take the gold medal.
The vote was carried out on World Para Powerlifting’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, with Shevchuk emerging as the powerlifter with the most combined votes across all social media pages.
Great Britain’s Ali Jawad came in second ahead of Poland’s Justyna Kozdryk and France’s Rafik Arabat.
Full results of Berck-Sur-Mer 2018 are available online.
- Related News
- Berck-Sur-Mer 2018: Zoe Newson claims first European gold
- Berck-Sur-Mer 2018: Nazmiye Muratli wins third European title
- Berck-Sur-Mer 2018: Mariana Shevchuk breaks world record
- Berck-Sur-Mer 2018: Home joy for Souhad Ghazouani
- Berck-Sur-Mer 2018: Marzena Zieba defends European title
- Berck-Sur-Mer 2018: Konstantinos Dimou breaks record
- Kitakyushu 2018: Ni Nengah Widiasih targets gold
- Berck-Sur-Mer 2018: Monika Szram breaking stereotypes