Dublin 2018: Marc Evers targets sixth European title11.08.2018
Dutch swimmer is one of fastest swimmers in S14 category
Marc Evers seeks to add a sixth continental gold to his personal haul when he takes part in the World Para Swimming Allianz European Championships in Dublin, Ireland, between 13 and 19 August.
Netherlands’ two-time Paralympic champion has had an eventful year so far. Evers competed in four World Series stages, achieving multiple wins to finish in eighth place in the overall standings. He also participated in three national events looking to reach his best form ahead of Dublin 2018.
On the penultimate day of competition (18 August), Evers will swim the men’s 100m butterfly S14. Although it is not his favourite event, the Dutch swimmer can still cause an upset.
Ones to Watch
Another Dutch Paralympic champion competing on day six is Lisa Kruger, who will swim the women’s 200m individual medley SM10.
Italy will be hopeful of landing golds through five-time Mexico City 2017 world champion Carlotta Gilli (women’s 100m freestyle S13) and 2017 World Series winner Monica Boggioni (women’s 50m freestyle S5).
Also keep an eye on Ukraine’s five-time Paralympic champion Maksym Krypak while he takes part in the men’s 100m individual medley SM10.
Dublin 2018 is Ireland’s first major Para sport event and will gather 400 athletes from 37 countries who will compete at the 2,500-seater National Aquatics Centre.
- Related News
- Dublin 2018: World Series winners in numbers
- Dublin 2018: Irish capital getting ready for Euros
- Dublin 2018: New Ellie Simmonds ready to enjoy Euros
- Dublin 2018: Paralympic champions duel on day one
- Dublin 2018: Maksym Krypak kicks off day two
- Dublin 2018: Carlotta Gilli the record-breaker
- Dublin 2018: Ellen Keane the local hope
- Dublin 2018: Record number of classifications
- Dublin 2018: Israel Oliver optimistic for Euros