Polychronidis named August Allianz Athlete of the Month11.09.2018
Greek boccia star wins first major individual gold in dramatic fashion
Polychronidis won double gold, including the BC3 individual final in dramatic fashion. He fought back from behind to defeat the Paralympic champion and secure his first major individual title. He was also victorious in the BC3 pairs gold.
Polychronids received 42 per cent of the public votes. French long-jumper Marie-Amelie le Fur came in second with 34 per cent. Japanese wheelchair rugby player Daisuke Ikezaki was third (20 per cent). The Netherlands’ wheelchair basketball player Mariska Beijer and swimmer Liesette Bruinsma were also nominated.
The 2018 winners are:
February – Mac Marcoux, CAN, alpine skiing
March (Best Female) – Ekaterina Rumyantseva, NPA, Nordic skiing
March (Best Team) – Chinese wheelchair curling team
April – Gemma Collis-McCann, GBR, wheelchair fencing
May – Sareh Javanmardi, IRI, shooting
June – Sevda Altunoluk, TUR, goalball
- Related News
- Liverpool 2018: Gold at last for Greg Polychronidis
- Liverpool 2018: Worawut Saengampa seeks more gold
- Liverpool 2018: Thailand top medal table
- Liverpool 2018: Top four moments
- Liverpool 2018: Greg Polychronidis’ greatest success
- Para sport review: August 2018
- Who should be August's Allianz Athlete of the Month?
- Indonesia 2018: Howon Jeong’s high hopes