Who should be September’s Americas ‘Athlete of the Month’?04.10.2018
Athletes nominated in canoe, powerlifting, swimming, table tennis and triathlon
Five athletes from five different sports have been shortlisted for September 2018’s Americas ‘Athlete of the Month’ poll. The public are invited to vote for their winner via the Americas Paralympic Committee homepage until Thursday (11 October).
Allysa Seely, USA, triathlon
Completed an undefeated season, winning gold at the World Championships in the women’s PTS2 in Gold Coast, Australia.
Won the women's up to 61kg overall podium after lifting 131kg at the Kitakyushu 2018 Asia-Oceania Open Championships.
Giselle Muñoz, Argentina, table tennis
Took individual and team golds in the women’s class 7 at the Czech Open.
Katherinne Wollermann, Chile, canoe
Won gold at the Para Canoe Pan American competition in Dartmouth, Canada.
The nominations are compiled from submissions by National Paralympic Committees (NPCs) from across the continent.
The 2018 Americas Athlete of the Month winners are:
• January – Fernando Fuentes, El Salvador, swimming
• March – Cristian Ribera, Brazil, Nordic skiing
• April – Daniela Gimenez, Argentina, swimming
• May – Juan Carlos Garrido, Chile, powerlifting
• June – Francisca Mardones, Chile, athletics
• August – Euclides Grisales, Colombia, boccia