The premise behind Paralympic education is to integrate Paralympic ideals and values in a system of education which creates awareness and understanding toward people with an impairment.
The aims of Paralympic education are achieved by means of the following objectives:
- to increase knowledge and awareness of Paralympic sport
- to create a better understanding of practical application of inclusion in physical education/activity
- to inform about the different concepts in sport for people with an impairment
- to increase the usage of sport for people with an impairment for reverse integration
- to facilitate the change of perception and attitude towards persons with an impairment
- to promote scholarly research activities and studies about Paralympic education
In addition to implementing Paralympic School Days and working with Organising Committees on their Paralympic education programmes, the IPC has partnered with the World Academy of Sport to create the IPC Academy.
The IPC Academy is the Education Partner of the IPC working together to improve educational standards throughout the Paralympic Movement and ensuring the executives, administrators and officials have an education centre that is sensitive to their needs and in touch with trends and developments, providing world class programmes.