Josh Pauls3 January 1993 Green Brook, New Jersey, USA
- LATEST TRIUMPHS:
- 2013 IPC Ice Sledge Hockey World Championships A-Pool – Silver
- 2012 IPC Ice Sledge Hockey World Championships A-Pool – Gold
- Vancouver 2010 Paralympics – Gold
- Related Videos
- Superstitions of USA's Josh Pauls - 2013 IPC Ice Sledge Hockey World Championships A-Pool
- Related News
- USA announce Sochi 2014 ice sledge hockey roster
- Related Features
- USA’s Pauls having breakout season
- Related Blogs
- Josh Pauls: Who will go to Sochi for sledge hockey?
- Josh Pauls: ‘This season, I intend to be great’
Call him “Spudsy” or call him a prodigy. Whatever the case, Josh Pauls has been a staple on the blue line for the USA since 2008.
Born without tibia bones in both legs, Pauls had both amputated at just 10 months old.
Just barely breaking into high school, Pauls was named a member of the USA’s ice sledge hockey team and has flourished ever since.
Not too many people can say at the age of 17 that they won a Paralympic gold medal at Vancouver 2010; but Pauls can. He was the youngest member on the team, and four years later, his hunger to win helped the USA to Paralympic gold at Sochi 2014.
Pauls was an offensive threat in that tournament, scoring four goals and adding two assists in four games. The Green Brook, New Jersey native was also had a plus/minus of plus 12.
In the lead up to Buffalo 2015, Pauls has scored four goals and two assists. Since he began his career in 2008, Pauls has played in 95 games and accumulated 42 points.
Pauls is also one of a kind. A very superstitious athlete, he can often be seen looking towardsa Mr. Potatohead figure before each game. If the Americans are victorious, a lot of Pauls rituals, such as wearing the same undershirt and throwing a tennis ball with teammate Greg Shaw, stay the same.
Currently a student at Lindenwood University in St. Louis, Missouri, he is in pursuit of a sport management degree with the hopes of one day becoming a professional hockey coach.
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Tweets by @IPCISH