- Related Documents
- IPC Anti-Doping education flyer English
- IPC Anti-Doping education flyer French
- IPC Anti-Doping education flyer Spanish
- IPC Anti-Doping education flyer Chinese
- IPC Anti-Doping education flyer Portuguese
- IPC Anti-Doping education flyer Russian
- IPC Anti-Doping education flyer Portuguese (Brazilian)
- IPC Appendix to Anti-Doping Code - Financial Sanctions
- IPC Anti-Doping Code
To promote and protect the integrity of sport and the health of athletes, the IPC, together with International Federations and the National Paralympic Committees established the IPC Anti-doping Code.
The aims of the code, which is fully compliant with the World Anti-doping Agency Code, are:
To protect the athlete’s right to participate in doping free sport and thus promote health, fairness and equality for athletes worldwide.
To ensure harmonised, co-ordinated and effective anti-doping programmes on the international and national level with regards to detection, deterrence and prevention of doping.
Anti-doping rules, like Competition rules, are sport rules governing the conditions under which sport is played. All participants (athletes and athlete support personnel) accept these rules as a condition of participation and are presumed to have agreed to comply with the IPC Anti-doping Code.
The IPC fully supports the World Anti-doping Agency’s (WADA) view that the long-term solution to preventing doping is through effective values-based education programmes that can foster anti-doping behaviors and create a strong anti-doping culture.
In addition to the video above, WADA has produced a number of educational resources for athletes and coaches which can be found below:
Coach True (link to http://www.wada-ama.org/en/Education-Awareness/Tools/Coach/)