Information for teams
The venue for the 2013 IPC Athletics World Championships
- Related Documents
- Lyon 2013 Qualification Criteria
- Lyon 2013 Welcome Letter
- Lyon 2013 Intention to Participate Form
- Lyon 2013 Competition Fee Information
- IPC Athletics World Championships Marathon Route
- IPC Athletics World Championships Team Manual
- Official Implements List
- Filming Policy NPC 2014 IPC Athletics European Championsips Swansea
- IPC Social Media Guidelines
The full qualification criteria for the 207 events proposed for Lyon can be found to the left in related documents.
The Local Organising Committee (LOC) has secured a number of rooms at hotels which range from two to four stars. All are within 15-20 minutes of the competition venue. As Lyon is a popular tourist destination, teams are encouraged to book early to avoid disappointment.
The LOC will manage all hotel bookings directly.
Rates are available for single and twins rooms and these also include:
• breakfast and evening meals at the hotel, with lunch served at the stadium
• pick-up and departure in Lyon, and travel to and from training and competition venues
• an interpreter during your stay
For further details please click here.
Teams are encouraged to complete the form regarding accommodation in the related documents ASAP and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lyon enjoys excellent transport links. The city is linked to the rest of Europe via five motorways, three city train stations - Part-Dieu, Perrache and St Exupery - and has an international airport St Expury. The Local Organising Committee will pick-up all teams and their equipment from these venues.
Switzerland's Geneva Airport is 185km away and for about 160 Euros per person, the LOC will arrange return journeys for all teams who arrive here.
The city has two training venues all located within short distances from the main stadium. Bron is 5km away (8 minutes drive) whilst slightly further away is Chassieu at 14km away (15 minutes drive).