“We are always exploring ways to better serve our fans, and with the help of Smucker’s, we have expanded our digital presence with even more compelling content with the Team USA App."
US Paralympics has launched the official Team USA App presented by Smucker’s, providing fans exclusive content in the lead up to the Rio 2016 Paralympic Games. Available for free on Android and iOS platforms, the app connects fans to Team USA athletes through stories, photos, videos and social media integration.
“We are always exploring ways to better serve our fans, and with the help of Smucker’s, we have expanded our digital presence with even more compelling content with the Team USA App,” said Lisa Baird, United State Olympic Committee (USOC) chief marketing officer. “For the first time, this new Team USA App is launching nearly a year before the Games, taking fans along on the Road to Rio, from the exciting lead up as athletes contend to qualify for Team USA to the exhilarating finale at the 2016 Games. This app provides the ultimate inside look at the inspiring journeys of America’s athletes.”
The app features include:
- Exclusive Team USA content
- The latest breaking news, features, photos and videos on Team USA
- Breaking news alerts as athletes qualify for the Rio 2016 Paralympic Games
- Customisable home screen and push notifications, allowing fans to follow their favourite athletes, teams or events
- Live streaming of National Governing Body sporting events and Team USA special events
- A real-time Rio Results Tracker during the Games from all Team USA events
- Links to support Team USA through donation opportunities or by purchasing official Team USA apparel
“Smucker’s is proud to help introduce fans to the inspirational stories of our Team USA athletes as they strive to compete in the Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games,” said Maribeth Burns, vice president of corporate communications for The J.M. Smucker Company. “The Team USA App brings the excitement of the Games to you as we celebrate and share in the many special moments of our athletes throughout their journeys.”
During the Rio 2016 Paralympic Games, the Team USA App will incorporate everything fans want to know about athletes both on and off the field of play. Content will include extensive athlete bio information, as well as a real-time Rio results.
For more information and to download the app, visit TeamUSA.org/MobileApp.