Who should be Americas Athlete of the Month?06.11.2017
Vote now to decide who was the best athlete in the Americas in October
The public are invited to vote for their winner via the Americas Paralympic Committee homepage and have time to do so until Monday (16 October).
The nominations are:
Gilberto Da Silva, Brazil, sitting volleyball
Was named Most Valuable Player (MVP) and Best Attacker at the Pan America Sitting Volleyball Championships after leading the Brazilian men’s team to gold, defeating the USA 3-1 in the final.
Took his tally of titles in 2017 into double figures after beating South Africa’s Lucas Sithole 6-4, 6-0 in the final of the French Riviera open. It was his third successive men’s quad singles title.
Notched up a phenomenal seventh consecutive Chicago Marathon to close the gap at the top of the Marathon Majors World Series.
The nominations are compiled from submissions by National Paralympic Committees (NPCs) from across the continent.
The 2017 Americas Athlete of the Month winners so far are:
• February – Alexander Cataldo, Chile, wheelchair tennis
• March – Maria Paula Barrera, Colombia, Para swimming
• May – Bruna Costa Alexandre, Brazil, table tennis
• July – Mauricio Valencia, Colombia, Para athletics
• August – Diego Meneses, Colombia Para athletics