Additional athletes selected to Australia’s para-canoe Worlds team14.05.2015
Four more added to World Championship squad following ICF’s newly announced entry quotas.
- Related News
- McLoughlin named Australian Paralympic Committee Rio 2016 Chef de Mission
- South African para-canoeists to benefit from latest technology
- Alana Nichols targets Paralympic gold in third sport
- A day in the life of para-canoeist Scott Martlew
- Austria’s Swoboda repeats as para-canoe world champion
- Brits win six medals to open Para-Canoe Worlds
Australian Canoeing has added additional athletes to the Para-canoe World Championship team following a third selection event held at Varsity Lakes Queensland in Australia on 9 May.
Following the International Canoe Federation’s (ICF) announcement of additional entry quota’s at the World Championships (19-21 August in Milan, Italy), Australia Canoeing re-opened nominations for para-athletes to trial for the newly announced quotas.
In addition to the team selected following the National Championships in March, the following new athletes have now been named to the Australian squad:
Dylan Littlehales – K1 LTA
Andrew Stiles – K1 TA
Sam Germain – V1 TA
Erin Baker – V1 & K1 TA
All new selections are subject to meeting the new ICF classification standards.
Those previously selected:
Brock Ingram (WA) K1 LTA
Curtis McGrath (QLD) K1 TA, V1 TA
Colin Sieders (NSW) K1 A
Amanda Reynolds (VIC) K1 LTA
Susan Seipel (QLD) K1 TA, V1 TA
Sam Bloom (NSW) K1 A
Melissa Sullivan (QLD) V1 LTA, K1 LTA