Brazil’s Paralympic and world champion sprinter Terezinha Aparecida Guilhermina has won the election to act as Athlete Representative to the Americas Paralympic Committee (APC) Executive Board.
The three time medal winner in Guadalajara, Mexico during the 2011 Parapan American Games polled 322 votes and received twice as much support as the candidate who finished in second place, USA’s Sitting Volleyball player Charles Swearingen (115 votes).
In total 850 athletes (68 percent) voted in the poll which was open between 10-19 November 2011. The voting area was located in the Athletes Village and all accredited athletes were eligible to vote for one candidate.
The full results were as follows:
1. Terezinga Guilhermina BRA Athletics 322
2. Charles Swearingen USA Sitting Volleyball 155
3. Daniel Giraldo Correa COL Swimming 133
4. Jason Dunkerley CAN Athletics 122
5. Juan Padblo Rosatto ARG Swimming 96
6. Enrique Rodriguez URG Wheelchair Tennis 62