With just three weeks to go until the opening ceremony of the 2015 IPC Athletics World Championships, here are five facts about the Australian sprinter.
1. Before taking up athletics, Reardon was a world class waterskier, winning the world title in 2007 and 2009.
2. Whilst in the USA in 2008, he gave water-ski lessons to former American Vice President Al Gore's daughter and grandson.
3. Reardon met his coach Iryna Dvoskina in 2003, a few months after losing his leg. The hospital had recommended he go to the Australian Institute of Sport for advice; Dvoskina showed him some exercises. It wasn't until 2008 when the pair were put in contact again that Reardon realised they had met before.
4. Reardon dead-heated for gold at the 2013 IPC Athletics World Championships in France alongside Germany’s Heinrich Popow.
5. The 25-year-old recently started his own business - the first section is almost complete, with the upcoming release of an educational product to assist people overcome adversity – check out scottreardon.com.au
The IPC Athletics World Championships will take place in Doha, Qatar, between 21-31 October, attracting 1,400 athletes from 100 countries.