Who will be going for gold at July’s World Para Athletics Championships in London, Great Britain? One man hoping to reach the top of the podium is Belgian wheelchair racer Peter Genyn, who competes in the T51 class.
Five Facts About Peter Genyn
1. A former wheelchair rugby player, Genyn and his Belgian teammates won European gold in 2009.
2. The 40-year-old only started competing in Para athletics in 2013.
3. After winning double Paralympic gold at Rio 2016, Genyn received a congratulatory telephone call – from the King of Belgium.
4. Genyn has two Paralympic, two world and two European titles to his name.
5. He is the world record holder in the 200m and 400m T51.