With one month to go before July’s World Para Athletics Championships get underway, our focus on this year’s top Para athletes bound for London, Great Britain, continues. Next up is Australia’s world and Paralympic 100m T42 champion Scott Reardon.
Five Facts About Scott Reardon
1. Reardon is a two-time former World champion water skier.
2. He received the Medal of the Order of Australia in January this year after winning 100m T42 gold at Rio 2016.
3. Now 27, he took up athletics aged 18.
4. Reardon has sporting genes - his uncle Steve Reardon played rugby league for the Canterbury Bulldogs in Australia.
5. The Canberra-based sprinter is aiming for his third consecutive world title having won in Lyon, France in 2013 and Doha, Qatar in 2015.