With the World Para Powerlifting Asian Open Championships set to get underway in Kitakyushu, Japan, in exactly one year, here are five things you should know about the event.
1. The Kirakyushu 2018 World Para Powerlifting Asian Open Championships will take place at the Kitakyushu Performing Arts Centre in the Japanese city between 8-12 September.
2. Around 230 athletes from 35 countries are expected to compete in the regional event.
3. It will be the first time a major Para powerlifting event is held in Japan.
4. The Asian Open Championships will serve as preparation for the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games.
5. The last Asian Open Championships were held in Almaty, Kazakhstan, in 2015, and featured more than 205 athletes from 29 countries.