Luis Flores has been chosen as Americas ‘Athlete of the Month’ for June after receiving 59 per cent of the public vote.
The Chilean table tennis player won men’s singles 2 bronze at the Polish Open and gold at the Cristina Hoffman Cup.
Mexican table tennis player Martha Verdin ended second with 39 per cent of the votes.
US archer Benjamin Thompson, Argentinian wheelchair tennis player Gustavo Fernandez and Canadian triathlete Stefan Daniel were also nominated.
The nominations were compiled from submissions by National Paralympic Committees (NPCs) from across the continent.
The 2019 Americas Athlete of the Month winners are:
• January – Johanna Sossa and Johana Martinez, Colombia, wheelchair tennis
• February – Rebeca Valenzuela Alvarez, Mexico, athletics
• March – Matias Pino, Chile, table tennis
• April – Daniel Martins, Brazil, athletics
• May – Sherman Guity, Costa Rica, athletics
• June – Luis Flores, Chile, table tennis