Canada’s T53 wheelchair racer Brent Lakatos heads to London, Great Britain, for July’s World Championships aiming to add to his collection of world gongs – find out more about him here.
Five Facts About Brent Lakatos
1) A freak ice-skating accident when Lakatos was 6-years-old caused a blood clot in his spine which resulted in paralysis.
2) Lakatos started out as a wheelchair basketball player – he began playing at 12-years-old.
3) He is married to Great Britain’s long jump T44 Paralympic silver medallist, Stef Reid.
4) The 37-year-old won his first Paralympic title in the 100m T53 at Rio 2016 – he also has an impressive seven world titles to his name.
5) The Canadian broke an incredible five world records over ten days of competition in Switzerland earlier this season.