Young British sprinter Sophie Hahn will line up at next month’s World Para Athletics Championships with the defence of her 100m T38 world title at stake. Here’s the lowdown on the 20-year-old star.
Five Facts About Sophie Hahn
1) Hahn was inspired to take up Para athletics after watching fellow Brits Hannah Cockroft, Jonnie Peacock and Richard Whitehead excel at London 2012.
2) A keen animal lover, she studied Equine Science at college.
3) Hahn received an MBE (Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire) in the 2017 New Year's Honours list for services to athletics.
4) She won 100m T38 gold on her senior international debut at the 2013 World Championships – breaking the world record in the process.
5) The Nottinghamshire Para athlete has never failed the reach the podium at major competitions, with 13 medals to her name including Paralympic, world and European 100m T38 gold.