5 Facts: USA's David BrownThe lowdown on reigning Paralympic 100m T11 champion as he prepares to defend world title at London 2017. 09 Jul 2017
US sprinter David Brown heads to London, Great Britain, as the reigning world and Paralympic 100m T11 champion and world record holder – can he bag another title this time around? Here’s what you need to know:
Five Facts About David Brown
1) Brown was diagnosed with Kawasaki disease at 15 months old, which resulted in glaucoma and led to the loss of his sight.
2) He made his senior international debut in 2011, when he represented his country at the Parapan Am Games in Guadalajara, Mexico.
3) Brown was the first totally blind athlete to run under 11 seconds for 100m – he clocked 10.92 in 2014.
4) He plays drums, piano and saxophone and composes his own music.
5) The 24-year-old is coached by 1984 Olympic 800m champion Joachim Cruz.