Corne de Koning named September Allianz Athlete of the Month10.10.2018
Dutch rower capped fantastic season with two world titles
The Dutch rower completed an unbeaten season which included winning two boat classes at the World Championships in Plovdiv, Bulgaria.
De Koning triumphed in the PR2 men’s single sculls, and then teamed up with Annika van der Meer to win the PR2 mixed double sculls. His success made him the first Para rower to claim victories in two boat classes at a Worlds.
Chinese powerlifter Guo Lingling and Swiss wheelchair racer Manuela Schaer were also nominated.
The 2018 winners are:
January – Oksana Masters, USA, Nordic skiing
March (Best Male) – Brian McKeever, CAN, Nordic skiing
March (Best Female) – Ekaterina Rumyantseva, NPA, Nordic skiing
March (Best Team) – Chinese wheelchair curling team
April – Gemma Collis-McCann, GBR, wheelchair fencing
May – Sareh Javanmardi, IRI, shooting
June – Sevda Altunoluk, TUR, goalball
- Related News
- Polychronidis named August Allianz Athlete of the Month
- Mehrzadselakjani named July Allianz Athlete of the Month
- Sevda Altunoluk named June’s Allianz Athlete of the Month
- Sareh Javanmardi named May’s Allianz Athlete of the Month
- Gemma Collis-McCann named Allianz Athlete of the Month for April
- Plovdiv 2018: What we learned
- Rowing 2018 Ones to Watch announced