Cuba’s most successful ever Paralympian will go for more gold medal success at Doha 2015.
1. Castillo has competed at three Paralympic Games and won an amazing five gold medals.
2. She achieved the ‘double triple’ winning three sprint golds at both the 2011 and 2013 World Championships.
3. The 28-year-old returned to the track this year after the birth of her son Gabriel – and won double Parapan Am gold.
4. Castillo set three new world records at the London 2012 Paralympic Games.
5. This year she was awarded the ‘August 23 Distinction’ in Cuba, a distinction granted by the Federation of Cuban Women.
The IPC Athletics World Championships will take place in Doha, Qatar, between 21-31 October, attracting 1,400 athletes from 100 countries.