Today it is the turn of German long jump sensation Markus Rehm – here are his Five Facts:
1. Rehm is the reigning Paralympic, world and European long jump (T44) champion, and in 2014 he won the German national title.
2. Rehm broke his own world record again this year with a leap of 8.29m – a distance that puts him seventh in the able-bodied world rankings in 2015.
3. The 27-year-old is also passionate about wakeboarding, surfing, longboarding and snowboarding - in 2005 he finished second in the German Junior Wakeboarding Championships.
4. He admits he is a tool maniac – his kit bag would not be complete without screwdrivers, glue, small screws and essential tools.
5. He always makes sure he has a banana and an energy drink before he competes.
The IPC Athletics World Championships will take place in Doha, Qatar, between 21-31 October., attracting 1,400 athletes from 100 countries.