Each day we will be revealing five fascinating facts about one of the world’s top para-athletics stars.
And to kick start today, here are Five Facts About…the USA’s double world silver medallist David Brown.
1. The visually impaired sprinter became the first man in his class (T11) to run under 11 seconds when he clocked 10.92 in California, USA, last year.
2. He loves basketball and is a fan of the Chicago Bulls – “if they had Paralympic basketball for blind people, I would not be doing track right now!”
3. His favourite snack is Teddy Grahams (bear shaped cracker snacks) and apple juice – a fondness that he developed as a youngster in hospital. He was given the snack after surgeries and grew to love it.
4. The 22-year-old won gold in the 100m and 200m T11 at this year’s Parapan Am Games, setting new championship records in each event.
5. Brown is a talented musician and plays the drums, piano and tenor saxophone – he used to play in a jazz band.
The IPC Athletics World Championships will take place in Doha, Qatar, between 21-31 October., attracting 1,400 athletes from 100 countries.