1. Hayes was just 16-years-old when she won her first major international title – 400m T13 gold at the 2002 IPC Athletics World Championships in France.
2. In 2013 she was awarded the Order of Ikhamanga – a national order of excellence - by South African President Jacob Zuma.
3. The 30-year-old has so far competed at three Paralympic Games winning two gold, two silver and a bronze.
4. In April, Hayes became the world’s fastest female para-athlete clocking 11.89 in Brazil, a position she held up until August this year.
5. The South African has as degree in Sports Science from the University of Stellenbosch, with honours in Pediatric Sciences.
The IPC Athletics World Championships will take place in Doha, Qatar, between 21-31 October, attracting 1,300 athletes from 100 countries.
To buy tickets, please head to this website.