With just one month to go until the Nottwil 2017 World Para Athletics Junior Championships, here are five things you should know before the competitions kicks off.
1. It will be the first edition of the Junior Worlds.
2. Nottwil, a scenic town with easy access to road and rail links around Switzerland, is located in the centre of Switzerland, only 20km away from the famous city of Lucerne.
3. The eight-lane track is a well-established venue in the Para athletics calendar, having staged the World Para Athletics Grand Prix series numerous times.
4. Nottwil’s Sport Arena is located in the grounds of the Swiss Paraplegics Centre and on the shores of Lake Sempach.
5. The track has seen numerous world records broken there. World and Paralympic T43 sprint champion Marlou van Rhijn, and world and Paralympic T53 champion Brent Lakatos are among those who have set world record times in Nottwil.