There’s plenty at stake for Chinese man-of-the-moment Jianwen Hu at July’s World Para Athletics Championships in London, Great Britain – he takes on four events in the capital. Here’s what you need to know about the man from Guangzhou.
Five Facts About...Jianwen Hu
1. He took up athletics in 2013.
2. Hu won 100m, 200m, and long jump T38 gold at the 2015 World Championships in Doha, Qatar – the same year he made his international debut.
3. The 29-year-old caused a major upset to defending champion and world record holder Evan O'Hanlon in the 100m T38 Paralympic final in Rio, winning gold and taking the Australian’s world record.
4. Hu also won the long jump in Rio, plus silver in the 400m T38.
5. His favourite holiday destination is, rather appropriately, London!