All eyes will be on home favourite Jonnie Peacock at this month’s World Para Athletics Championships in London, Great Britain as he looks to add the 100m T44 world title to his Paralympic and European crowns.
Five Facts About Jonnie Peacock
1. Born in Cambridge, Peacock contracted meningitis aged five which resulted in his right leg being amputated below the knee.
2. He was one of the breakout stars at the London Paralympics in 2012, winning 100m T44 gold – a title he successfully defended at Rio 2016.
3. World champion in 2013, Peacock missed the Doha 2015 World Championships due to injury.
4. Peacock was a keen footballer as a youngster - his grandfather played for both Liverpool and Everton.
5. The 24-year-old carries two lucky charms – a St Christopher and an army badge that belonged to his late grandfather.