The picturesque French coastal city of Berck-Sur-Mer stages the World Para Powerlifting European Open Championships, starting today (25 May).
Check out five things visitors can do in between competition sessions.
1. Go to the beach. If you want to relax, feel the breeze on your face and hear the waves crashing onto the shore, this is your place-to-be. Berck-Sur-Mer is also an ideal place for those looking to do surfing, sailing, play beach volleyball or beach football.
2. Haven't gone to watch Avengers: Infinity War yet? Want to learn more about French movies? You can now go to the recently-built cinema in Berck-Sur-Mer, which includes three spacious auditoriums.
3. Visit the Bay of Authie, a well preserved natural wonder. If you are lucky, you will also get to see a seal colony which settled there over a hundred years ago.
4. The Madelon Port and the Lighthouse of Berck are two other popular destinations for those visiting the city. If you enjoy art, you can also go to the ´Museum of France.´
5. Have you tried the crepe? One of the most delicious desserts is also a tradition from the French northern region.
All events of the World Para Powerlifting European Open Championships are being streamed live on World Para Powerlifting's website and Facebook page.
Live results and a full competition schedule is available on Berck-Sur-Mer 2018's website.