Colombian field athlete Diego Meneses has been named the Americas 'Athlete of the Month' after claiming three golds in the men’s shot put, javelin and discus throw F32-F34 at the Nottwil 2017 World Para Athletics Junior Championships.
In the public poll, he received 77 per cent of the votes.
Argentina's wheelchair tennis player Gustavo Fernandez, Canada's wheelchair basketball player Patrick Anderson, USA's wheelchair basketball player Steve Serio and Brazil's canoeist Luis Cardoso were also nominated.
The nominations are compiled from submissions by National Paralympic Committees (NPCs) from the continent.
The 2017 Americas Athlete of the Month winners so far are:
• January – Gustavo Fernandez, Argentina, wheelchair tennis
• February – Alexander Cataldo, Chile, wheelchair tennis
• March – Maria Paula Barrera, Colombia, swimming
• April – Adam Dixon, Canada, ice hockey
• May – Bruna Costa Alexandre, Brazil, table tennis
• June – Brent Lakatos, Canada, athletics
• July – Mauricio Valencia, Colombia, athletics
• August – Diego Meneses, Colombia, athletics