The fourth World Para Athletics Grand Prix of 2017 will take place in Rieti, Italy, between 5 and 6 May. Here are five reasons to follow the action
1. With just 10 weeks to go before the 2017 World Championships get underway in London, Great Britain, Para athletes will be out to impress – and achieve vital qualification marks.
2. The venue - the Stadio Raul Guidobaldi – hosted the IAAF World Challenge meeting and has been the setting for numerous world records, such as Olympic champion David Rudisha’s 800m record set in 2010.
3. Para athletes from 15 countries around the world – including Algeria, Portugal, South Africa, Canada and Greece - will compete over the three days of competition.
4. Paralympic silver medallist Oney Tapia opens his season in Rieti one week after being crowned champion on Rai television’s ‘Dancing with the Stars’. He’s a famous face in Italy now!
5. Keep an eye out for Italian Arjola Dedaj who will line-up in the 100m, 200m and long jump T11. She won two bronze medals in Rio and is world renowned for her spectacular choice of blindfolds when competing.