Five facts about….. Ireland’s Michael McKillop18.09.2015
Learn a little more about Michael McKillop ahead of October’s IPC Athletics World Championships in Doha, Qatar.
1. McKillop was the first athlete to break a world record in the London Olympic Stadium when he raced at the Paralympic test event in 2012.
2. The Irishman is a qualified fitness instructor.
3. In 2009 McKillop won the Irish Junior cross-country title and became the first Paralympic athlete to represent their country at the European Cross-Country Championships that year.
4. McKillop’s favourite movie series is ‘Beverly Hills Cop’.
5. The 25-year-old loves football and is an ardent Arsenal fan.
The IPC Athletics World Championships will take place in Doha, Qatar, between 21-31 October., attracting 1,400 athletes from 100 countries.