Here are Five Facts About…middle distance star Michael McKillop, Ireland’s T37 runner who has won 800m and 1,500m gold at the last two IPC Athletics World Championships.
1. McKillop was the first athlete to break a world record in the London Olympic Stadium when he raced at the Paralympic test event in 2012.
2. The Irishman is a qualified fitness instructor.
3. In 2009 McKillop won the Irish Junior cross-country title and became the first Paralympic athlete to represent their country at the European Cross-Country Championships that year.
4. McKillop’s favourite movie series is ‘Beverly Hills Cop’.
5. The 25-year-old loves football and is an ardent Arsenal fan.
The IPC Athletics World Championships will take place in Doha, Qatar, between 21-31 October., attracting 1,400 athletes from 100 countries.