Ottobock opened 13 workshops in London to service more than 4,200 athletes at the Paralympic Games. © • Ottobock
The VISTA conference is designed to promote and advance the mission, goals, objectives and reputation of the IPC and provides a platform for sport scientists to meet with experts in the field of sport for athletes with an impairment. Due to a need for greater opportunities to discuss and exchange knowledge, the VISTA Conference has become an important international event for elite sport for athletes with an impairment.
The sixth VISTA Conference will be held in Bonn, Germany, from 1-4 May.
• To provide a forum for exchange on current information, research and expertise related to Paralympic Sport and the Paralympic Movement.
• To enhance and promote cross-disciplinary professional interaction among sport scientists, coaches, athletes and sport administrators.
The target groups of conference include: sports scientists and researchers, classifiers, coaches/trainers, sports administrators and athletes
“Equipment and Technology in Paralympic Sports”
VISTA 2013 will be organised around the theme “Equipment and Technology in Paralympic Sports.”
The theme will be discussed: in keynote presentations, covering:
• Using technology and equipment fairly: The balance between access, competitive edge and philosophy in sport
• From products for grassroots development to high-tech applications
• Paralympic Sporting Equipment: performance enhancement or necessary for performance
in thematic symposia
• Equipment and technology developments in winter sports
• Technology and Equipment in relationship to Paralympic Classification
• Cycling Propulsion
• Athlete healthcare
• Technology in sport counseling
• “The Techno Team”: athlete – coach - technology