Kitakyushu 2018: Majid Farzin vs. Ye Jixiong06.09.2018
World champions meet in men’s up to 88kg
Majid Farzin and Ye Jixiong will face in one of the most widely anticipated combats of the Asia-Oceania Open Championships in Kitakyushu, Japan, from 8-12 September.
The Iranian decided to switch up to the men’s up to 88kg after taking gold in the up to 80kg at the Rio 2016 Paralympic Games and 2017 World Championships.
It will be a challenge for the two-time Paralympic champion, but he may very well succeed. While he lifted 227kg to win world gold in Mexico City, Ye cleared the bar at 226kg to also take the world title in the men’s up to 88kg.
Since making his successful international debut at the 2015 Asian Open Championships in Almaty, Kazakhstan, Ye has won three more competitions: the 2015 European Open Championships, the 2016 Kuala Lumpur World Cup and Mexico City 2017.
However, his first Paralympic Games in Rio ended in heartbreak when he failed all three of his attempts.
Head to Head
Farzin: Nationality: Iran. Age: 34
Ye: Nationality: China. Age: 25
Farzin: Games: 3 (2008, 2012, 2016)
Medals: 3 (2 golds, 1 silver)
Ye: Games: 1 (2016)
DID YOU KNOW?
Farzin: His impairment is a result of the effects of polio
Ye: Made his international debut at the 2015 Asian Championships, winning gold
Full results will be available on the Kitakyushu 2018 website.
- Related News
- Kitakyushu 2018: Yujiao Tan targets new world record
- Kitakyushu 2018: Great Britain announce team
- Algiers 2018: Sherif Osman named Best Powerlifter
- Tokyo 2020: 20 things for 2020
- Kitakyushu 2018: Guo Lingling targets continental title
- Kitakyushu 2018: Ones to Watch announced
- Para sport preview: September 2018
- Kitakyushu 2018: Cui Zhe vs. Li Jinyun
- Kitakyushu 2018: Lingling Guo vs. Ni Nengah Widiasih
- Kitakyushu 2018: Le Van Cong vs. Zheng Yu