Imagen
9832-Damjan Pavlin photo

Damjan Pavlin

Shooting

Biography

Impairment information

Type of Impairment
Limb deficiency
Origin of Impairment
Acquired
Classification
SH2

Further personal information

Residence
Krško, SLO
Occupation
Athlete
Languages
English, Slovene

Sport specific information

When and where did you begin this sport?
He took up the sport in 1999 at his local shooting club.
Why this sport?
He was encouraged to begin shooting by his younger brother, who was already involved in the sport.
Club / Team
Strelsko Drustvo Leskovec: Slovenia
Name of coach
Polona Sladic [national]; Ales Kosmac [national]

International debut

Year
2000
Competing for
Slovenia
Location
Germany

General interest

Nicknames
Damo (docstoc.com, 07 Sep 2008)
Hobbies
Viticulture. (24ur.com, 27 Aug 2016)
Most influential person in career
Coach Polona Sladic. (Athlete, 24 Apr 2012)
Injuries
In 2010 he broke his left femur [thigh bone]. He needed five months to recover. (Athlete, 24 Apr 2012)
Sporting philosophy / motto
"Shooting is only 30% of the task, the other 70% is mental." (troblja.com, 01 Dec 2004)
Awards and honours
He was named the 2007 Athlete of the Year by the Paralympic Sports Federation of Slovenia and the Paralympic Committee of Slovenia. (zsis.si, 07 Dec 2009)
Impairment
He was involved in a farming accident which resulted in the amputation of his left hand and his right leg above the knee. (Athlete, 24 Apr 2012)

Results

Unit Date Rank
Athens 2004 Paralympic Games (Athens, Greece)
Event Medal Unit Date Rank
Mixed Air Rifle Standing SH2 Preliminary 2
Mixed Air Rifle Standing SH2 Final Round 4
Mixed Air Rifle Prone SH2 Preliminary 1
Mixed Air Rifle Prone SH2 Final Round 6
Beijing 2008 Paralympic Games (Beijing, China)
Event Medal Unit Date Rank
Mixed Air Rifle Standing SH2 Qualification 12
Mixed Air Rifle Prone SH2 Qualification 4
Mixed Air Rifle Prone SH2 Final Round 5
2010 IPC Shooting World Championships (Zagreb, Croatia)
Event Medal Unit Date Rank
Mixed 10m Air Rifle standing SH2 Qualification 2010-07-21 10
Mixed 10m Air Rifle prone SH2 Qualification 2010-07-24 12
London 2012 Paralympic Games (London, Great Britain)
Event Medal Unit Date Rank
R5 - Mixed 10 m Air Rifle Prone SH2 Final Round 2012-09-01 5
R5 - Mixed 10 m Air Rifle Prone SH2 Qualification 2012-09-01 3
R4 - Mixed 10 m Air Rifle Standing SH2 Qualification 2012-09-02 17
2014 IPC Shooting World Championships (Suhl, Germany)
Event Medal Unit Date Rank
Mixed 10m Air Rifle standing SH2 Qualification 2014-07-21 19
Team R4 - Mixed 10m Air Rifle standing SH2 Qualification 2014-07-21 2
Mixed 10m Air Rifle prone SH2 Qualification 2014-07-23 10
Rio 2016 Paralympic Games (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
Event Medal Unit Date Rank
R4 - Mixed 10 m Air Rifle Standing SH2 Qualification 2016-09-10 9999
R5 - Mixed 10 m Air Rifle Prone SH2 Qualification 2016-09-13 21
Cheongju 2018 World Shooting Para Sport Championships (Cheongju, South Korea)
Event Medal Unit Date Rank
R4 - Mixed 10m Air Rifle standing SH2 Qualification 2018-05-05 32
R5 - Mixed 10m Air Rifle prone SH2 Qualification 2018-05-05 32