Argentina: 10 facts on the Sochi 2014 Paralympics19.01.2014
With 30 gold medals in summer sports to its name, Argentina is yet to win gold at a Paralympic Winter Games.
- Related Documents
- Argentina - Paralympics Facts & Figures
• At the Vancouver 2010 Paralympic Winter Games, Leonardo Martinez finished 25th in the men's giant slalom sitting event, while Juan Ignacio Maggi did not finish in the same race.
• At the age of 47 and 107 days, Maggi was the third-oldest competitor in the men’s giant slalom sitting event in Vancouver.
• Argentina has yet to win its first medal at the Paralympic Winter Games.
• In the summer edition, Argentina has won 152 medals (30 gold, 60 silver, 62 bronze) in the history of the Paralympic Games.
• Twenty of Argentina's 30 Paralympic Games gold medals have been won in women's events.
• Argentina won its most gold medals in Tel Aviv in 1968: 10. It also won 10 silver medals and 10 bronze medals in Tel Aviv.
• Argentina has not won a gold medal since 1996. It has won 21 total medals after the 1996 Paralympic Games: six silver and 15 bronze, including one silver and four bronze at the London 2012 Paralympic Games.
• You can follow Argentina on Twitter @PrensaCOPAR and Facebook
Carlos Javier CODINA THOMATIS
Pablo Javier ROBLEDO