Miroslav HarausPrešov, Slovakia
- LATEST TRIUMPHS:
- 2015 IPC Alpine Skiing World Championships – Gold: super combined; Silver: slalom; Bronze: downhill and super-G
- Sochi 2014 Paralympic Winter Games – Silver: downhill
- 2013 IPC Alpine Skiing World Championships – Silver: slalom and super combined
- 2011-2012 IPC Alpine Skiing World Cup – overall third
- Vancouver 2010 Paralympic Winter Games – Bronze: super combined and super-G
It was not until 2015, after 13 years of trying, that Haraus finally got his hands on his first world title with guide Maros Hudik.
A serial medallist at World Championships and Paralympic Winter Games since 2009, Haraus was the nearly man of men’s visually impaired skiing despite being a good all-rounder in both speed and technical events.
However in the super combined at the Worlds, Haraus and Hudik pulled out a sensational slalom run to take top spot on the podium, improving from their third place after the super-G.
Haraus will be hoping it will be third time lucky at the PyeongChang 2018 Paralympic Winter Games, where he will target his first Paralympic title.
In 2016-17, Haraus will get to defend his title at the 2017 World Para Alpine Skiing Championships in Tarvisio, Italy.
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Tweets by paraalpine