Australian sports stars “believe” in ParalympiansA new Community Service Announcement features the likes of Steve Waugh and Jarryd Hayne alongside leading Para athletes. 31 Aug 2016
Australia’s highest profile sports stars have shown their support and belief of the Australian Paralympic Team in a Community Service Announcement (CSA) which will be broadcast nationally across TV networks over the next few weeks.
You can view the CSA here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnvzRCI7Wm4
Australian Paralympic Committee (APC) Chief Executive Lynne Anderson said: "The goal of the CSA is to bring national awareness of the participation of our athletes at the Rio 2016 Paralympic Games (7-18 September), and highlight elite athletes supporting other elite athletes in their endeavours to be the best of the best.”
The CSA pairs elite athletes from Australia’s biggest sports with the country’s leading Paralympians, including:
• Jarryd Hayne (Gold Coast Titans - NRL)/ Brenden Hall (Swimming)
• Israel Folau (NSW Waratahs and Australian Wallabies)/ Liesl Teach (Sailing)
• Joel Selwood (Geelong Cats - AFL)/ Josh Allison (Wheelchair Basketball)
• Steve Waugh (Australian cricket legend)/ Kurt Fearnley (Wheelchair Racing)
• Caitlin Thwaites (Sydney Swifts and Australian Diamonds)/ Ellie Cole (Swimming)
“The support and respect shown from the sport stars for our incredible athletes was fantastic to see. All athletes donated their own time to appear in the CSA and we can’t thank them enough,” Anderson said.
"We also hope the CSA plays a role in inspiring people with disability to participate in sport, and challenge community perceptions and stereotypes around disability and inclusion in sport."