The goalball sub-committee of the International Blind Sports Federation (IBSA) invites member federations to bid to host senior and youth (for boys and girls ages 19 and under) world and regional competitions in the 2018-2020 period. These are:
• 2018 Youth Regional Championships: Africa; Asia/Pacific
• 2019 Regional Tokyo 2020 Qualifying Tournaments: Africa; Asia/Pacific; Europe
• 2019 World Youth Championships
• 2020 Youth Regional Championships: Africa; Asia/Pacific; Americas; Europe
The deadline for applications is 4 May 2018.
The applications must include the following:
• State clearly whether you are bidding to host Championships for both men and women, men's or women's only, or boys and girls
• The proposed dates for the Championships should fall between 1 April and 30 November of the competition year of the tournament
• Name of the closest major airport and provide transportation plans for travel between the airport and the venue
• The proposed location, including facility/venue details relevant to the IBSA competition rules for Goalball
• Letter of support from your IBSA member federation
• A funding plan that includes proposed revenue sources, expenses and anticipated tournament costs
More information is available on IBSA’s website.