The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) Governing Board will meet remotely by video conference on 3, 4, 7 and 8 July 2020. It will mark the first time in the IPC’s 30-year history that the Board has been unable to meet in person.
During the meeting the Board is scheduled to receive updates and have discussions on several subjects including:
• Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games postponement (Tokyo 2020 will join by video conference)
• Classification: Progress made by the IWBF in terms of compliance with the IPC Athlete Classification Code, and classification ahead of Tokyo 2020.
• Governance Review
• IPC Budgets and Financial Reports 2019-2022
• Athletes’ Council Report
• Paralympic athlete post-nominal letters
• IPC Executive and Departments reports
• World Para Sports update
• Committee and Working Group updates
• Science and research matters
The IPC will communicate key outcomes from the meeting following its conclusion on 8 July. IPC President Andrew Parsons will then hold calls with National Paralympic Committees, International Federations and athlete representatives between 9-13 July to provide updates on the key outcomes from the meeting and to update on preparations for Tokyo 2020.