The World Rowing Federation, FISA, has opened public nominations for the 2016 World Rowing Awards.
This is a chance for the public to have their say by nominating who they believe accomplished an outstanding performance this year in rowing.
Nominations can be made in the following award categories:
• World Rowing Para-rowing Crew of the Year
• World Rowing Female Crew of the Year
• World Rowing Male Crew of the Year
• World Rowing Coach of the Year
• World Rowing Distinguished Service to Rowing Medal
Just one nomination can be made for each category. A crew can also represent an individual rower.
Nominations must be submitted by midnight (CET) 9 October 2016 online at World Rowing’s website.
It should be noted that this is not a voting process, but a nomination process.
Once all of the nominations have been received the next stage will be a review by the FISA Council who will create a short list. The short list will then go to FISA’s Executive Committee who will decide on the winners in the five categories.
The award winners will be publically announced on 2 December 2016 and the winners presented with their awards at the 2016 World Rowing Coaches Conference gala dinner on 28 January 2017 in Vancouver, Canada.
Last year’s winners were:
• 2015 World Rowing Female Crew of the Year: Heather Stanning and Helen Glover (GBR), women’s pair.
• 2015 World Rowing Male Crew of the Year: Jeremie Azou and Stany Delayre (FRA), lightweight men’s double sculls.
• 2015 World Rowing Para-rowing Crew of the Year: Moran Samuel (ISR), para women’s single sculls.
• 2015 World Rowing Coach of the Year: Nikola Bralic (CRO) men’s double sculls.
• 2015 World Rowing Distinguished Service to Rowing Medal: Klaus Filter (GER)