Who should be Americas ‘Athlete of the Month’?05.12.2017
Vote now to decide who was the best athlete in the Americas in November
The public are invited to vote for their winner via the Americas Paralympic Committee homepage and have time to do so until Tuesday (12 December).
The nominations are:
Esteban Chavez, Costa Rica, blind football
Top scorer and chosen ‘Player of the tournament’ at the IBSA Blind Football Central American Championships in Guatemala City after leading his team to the title and qualification for the 2018 World Championships.
Secured two victories in the men’s banked slalom SB-UL at the first World Para Snowboard World Cup in Landgraaf, Netherlands.
Together with compatriot Nick Taylor won a record-tenth UNIQLO Wheelchair Doubles Masters title in Bemmel, the Netherlands.
The nominations are compiled from submissions by National Paralympic Committees (NPCs) from across the continent.
The 2017 Americas Athlete of the Month winners so far are:
• February – Alexander Cataldo, Chile, wheelchair tennis
• March – Maria Paula Barrera, Colombia, Para swimming
• May – Bruna Costa Alexandre, Brazil, table tennis
• July – Mauricio Valencia, Colombia, Para athletics
• August – Diego Meneses, Colombia, Para athletics
• September – Stefan Daniel, Canada, triathlon