Costa Rica’s Esteban Chavez, and the USA’s Mike Minor and David Wagner are the three shortlisted Para athletes for the Americas ‘Athlete of the Month’ poll for November 2017.
The public are invited to vote for their winner via the Americas Paralympic Committee homepage and have time to do so until Tuesday (12 December).
The nominations are:
Esteban Chavez, Costa Rica, blind football
Top scorer and chosen ‘Player of the tournament’ at the IBSA Blind Football Central American Championships in Guatemala City after leading his team to the title and qualification for the 2018 World Championships.
Mike Minor, USA, snowboard
Secured two victories in the men’s banked slalom SB-UL at the first World Para Snowboard World Cup in Landgraaf, Netherlands.
David Wagner, USA, wheelchair tennis
Together with compatriot Nick Taylor won a record-tenth UNIQLO Wheelchair Doubles Masters title in Bemmel, the Netherlands.
The nominations are compiled from submissions by National Paralympic Committees (NPCs) from across the continent.
The 2017 Americas Athlete of the Month winners so far are:
• January – Gustavo Fernandez, Argentina, wheelchair tennis
• February – Alexander Cataldo, Chile, wheelchair tennis
• March – Maria Paula Barrera, Colombia, Para swimming
• April – Adam Dixon, Canada, Para ice hockey
• May – Bruna Costa Alexandre, Brazil, table tennis
• June – Brent Lakatos, Canada, Para athletics
• July – Mauricio Valencia, Colombia, Para athletics
• August – Diego Meneses, Colombia, Para athletics
• September – Stefan Daniel, Canada, triathlon
• October – Tatyana McFadden, USA, Para athletics